Thursday, October 07, 2004

Sailing towards that big marble phallus

Tomorrow BK and I drop Buster off at the doggie kennel once again (don't give me that look, he loves it there) and hop a plane to Our Nation's Capital for a wedding and some quality friend time. We gotta soak it up while we're in D.C. since we, you know, don't have any friends in Dallas. WHERE ARE YOU, COOL DALLAS PEOPLE???

The job is going well and I've managed to shave the commute down to about 30 minutes when there isn't a catastrophic, gotta-tap-into-that-Accidental-Death-&-Dismemberment-policy wreck on LBJ, which is pretty much every other day. Perhaps my years driving in the standstill D.C. traffic have lowered my resistance towards People Who Drive Really, Really Fast. Or maybe it's just not a good idea to be driving 80 m.p.h. in the far left lane. When traffic in the two right lanes is backed up and crawling along at 35 m.p.h. since Dallasites Scorn the Merge. Let's not forget the drivers who are darting in and out of lanes without so much as a half-hearted swipe at the blinker. I don't know about you people, but to me that spells F-U-N.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home