Saturday, October 02, 2004

Vacuuming the front yard

i just spent the past hour sucking up all the dead leaves that had fallen into the three ginormous flower/ivy beds in our front yard. My hands now feel all weird and tingly from the vibrations of the leaf blower thing, but I feel a very definite sense of accomplishment. I know that in a few days new leaves will have rendered my labors futile, but at least for now, the front yard looks sweet. Two kind gentlemen pulled over in front of our house and asked me if I needed any help, but judging from the large amount of gardening equipment in the back of their truck, I think they wanted paying. I like to imagine that they just wanted to give a gal a hand, though.


life is hard
Originally uploaded by *Karo*.
Taking advantage of the glorious day that it is in Dallas today, we took Buster to the White Rock Lake dog park for the first time today. OH. MY. GOD. There is nothing better in the whole world than watching your dog as he streaks across an empty field simply for the joy of being able to. Buster was a Very Good Dog and Played Nice with all the other doggies in the large dog area (Big B is right on the cusp with his 30 pound self, but I don't think the pomeranians and miniature schnauzers in the small dog area were ready for his jelly). I'm just thanking the good lord jebus that Buster is a puss and is scared of water, cause that was the only thing standing between him and the wading pool that some sadistic volunteer had placed in the dog park. The non-pussy dogs were absolutely filthy. One of the Dallas Plastics had brought her 4-month-old golden retriever puppy Madison (?!?!) with her, and I swear to god that dog was GRAY from the thick film of filth covering her coat. I'm not sure how she-of-the-fake-nails was planning on getting Madison home in what I'm sure must have been a beemer. Oh, and in case you've forgotten what His Royal Cuteness looks like, here's another pic. He's spent.

My first day at the new job was good stuff. I'm very excited to be working with a bunch of smart, nerdy liberals again. My only complaint is the commute, but in the grand scheme of things it could be a lot worse, so I'm not complaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home