Wednesday, September 15, 2004

I'm a forty-three percenter

When I was in school and assigned a book to read, I used to love to stop reading and figure out what percentage I had completed. Sadly, I think this speaks volumes about my personality, as did my love of playing "bank" by myself using withdrawl and deposit slips I pilfered from the actual bank when I would go with my mom. Ah, the good old days when people still went into banks and when my mother was still alive.

Nostalgia and current foul mood aside, I have read 43% of Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. I am somewhat disgusted with myself that I don't love it as much as I should. Being a person of weak mental fiber, I think I prefer plot-driven books, where lots of stuff happens and amuses my simple brain. This sucker's big on tangential storytelling but lean on actual advancement of the plot.

Buster just farted. I turned around to see what the cat thought about that and I swear to God his little kitty mouth is scrunched up in a very obvious moue of distaste.

Using the technological marvels of TiVo I was able to discern that those spots on the walls that The N fuzzes out in Degrassi are safe sex posters. The fucking Puritans have America by the balls and it makes me sad and embarrassed.

In keeping with the percentage theme, I guess I'll go ahead and report that UTD has finally posted the job that I've been waiting for. Complete with a very enticing 37%, or $18,000, pay cut for ME! YAY! (You do the math. I dare you.) I went ahead and applied since a) I'm really not showering as often as I should be these days and b) I'd get to work on a Mac. That's worth at least $5k a year, right?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would that be $48,648.65? Just a guess.

September 17, 2004 at 7:26 PM  
Blogger Karo said...

Taking my rounding into consideration, very good! You get an anonymous gold star.

September 17, 2004 at 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home