Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Time to buy some paper


wedding joy, originally uploaded by *Karo*.

Honestly, if time flew by any faster I'd have to wire my eyelids open cause I'd miss everything if I blinked. I can't believe that it's almost been a year since OSD (Our Special Day ™). Now I gotta come up with something to buy BK's ass. GODDAMIT. What the hell do you buy for a man whose hobbies include comic books and nekkid ladies? Suggestions?

In other news, I'm getting the dreaded First Haircut in a New City tomorrow, which, as we all know, could end with disasterous results. Let's not forget the "I'd like the Rachel, please" incident of 1995, which culminated in me sobbing under the comforter in my dorm room with something not unlike a mullet sitting on top of my head. Luckily, old age has made me not so much for the trendy, so really my only requirements for tomorrow are a) cover my I'm-in-my-fucking-20s-and-I-shouldn't-have-to-deal-with-gray-hair grays and b) a new, shorter, bouncy haircut that immediately transforms me into Dallas' new It Girl. Easy peasy!

Hopefully my first Dallas haircut will go better than my second Dallas eyebrow wax, which occurred last week. The "technician" (and I use the term loosely for reasons about to be very clear) made my brows initially uneven and remedied the problem by rewaxing my left eyebrow. Why I allowed this woman to reapply hot wax to an area that had already had hot waxed spread on it and then viciously ripped off, I'm not sure; perhaps I was really drunk and just didn't know it. Regardless, I didn't think too much of it that day -- it hurt, but you know, it always hurts. Then that night my left eyelid sorta hurt when I would put my face on my SOFT COTTON PILLOWCASE. Huh. By the time we got to New Orleans, the offending area had SCABBED OVER. Nice. Nothing like looking like you've got some sort of skin disease hanging out right over your eye to make your vacation. On the bright side, my eyebrows look GREAT.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a similarly horrifying experience with a eyebrow waxing in a new city. Started off very normal, apply wax, rip off part of my eyebrow, apply wax, rip off, apply, rip.... After the tech allotted 10 minutes of her time to the application and removal of the wax, she declared that she was done and handed me the mirror. I'm not really sure why, maybe she just had one eye partially squinting, but I SWEAR TO ALL THINGS HOLY that one of my eyebrows was twice the thickness of the other. The other tech sided with her saying that it's not natural for them to be exactly the same. Ok? If I wanted them looking natural I wouldn't have had them waxed but BY GOD they looked the "same" when I came in. Fortunately the other random clients in the place sided with me and it was determined that I was indeed the one that would be wearing the lopsided brows all over town. The rewaxing, replucking and repoking caused me to have a voilent outbreak of ingrown hairs surrounding the one eye. Truly, it was a sight.

September 29, 2004 at 8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pretty much my favorite picture from your wedding - BK is such a freakin' CRYBABY!

September 29, 2004 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger Karo said...

Who are you, mystery poster with whom I can commiserate? I pity the fool who doesn't sign their anonymous blog comments!

September 29, 2004 at 9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one crazed looking photoguy on the right. Looks like he is about to have a baby or something. Either that, or he just likes to see BK cry.

September 29, 2004 at 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home