Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Five failures and one wobbly success

You know how sometimes you tell yourself that you're going to do something or not do something and then for a while you do or don't do it and you're all proud of yourself but then you slack off a little and before you know it it's like you never made that promise to yourself and MY GOD THE GUILT?

Yeah, me too.

So I present to you Karo's List of Recent Failures:
  • Putting dirty dishes directly into the dishwasher instead of on the counter/in the sink. I cannot comprehend why this is so difficult. It's just one extra step. And yet.

  • Waking up five minutes earlier and making coffee at home. I am one lazy mofo. And Atlanta Bread Company and Starbucks are reaping the benefits. And the thing is, I don't even have the excuse I did in D.C., where the hazlenut coffee at Bread and Chocolate was far superior to anything I could make at home. I'm just LAME.

  • Not letting the dog get on the furniture. IF YOU WERE FACED WITH HIS BIG BROWN EYES OF COWERING SORROW YOU'D GIVE IN, TOO.

  • Taking a daily multivitamin. Now, if you could get pregnant from not taking a multivitamin every day at the same exact time, I'd be all about that shit. But healthy insides? Fuck that.

  • One word: treadmill.
I have, however, managed to keep the armchair in our bedroom completely clear of clothing. Granted, the pile that used to be on the chair is now on the floor of my closet, BUT STILL. The clean chair is a SUCCESS.

1 Comments:

Blogger Twink said...

I think I will have to fashion a multivitamin holder for you that looks just like a BCP container, with all the days to punch out. I will fashion a case for the holder that looks just like a make-up compact, and yet, is just a little too guido to be a real make-up compact. Then, I will suggest that you keep it with your toothbrush so you remember to take it at the same time every day. And the last week of multivitamins of every month will actually be replaced with gummi bears.

Are you with me?

January 18, 2005 at 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home