Thursday, December 30, 2004

Walking David Sedaris

I am not a big fan of David Sedaris. *collective gasp from the peanut gallery* The one book of his I've read is Naked, and that experience solidified that he and I do not share a sense of humor. In Naked, Sedaris describes a trip he took to Greece when he was a teenager, to attend Greek Orthodox summer camp. Apparently he'd never had to share a bathroom before that trip, and the idea of pooping around others horrified him so much that he just ... didn't. The man did not poop for the entire month he was in Greece.

Apparently, my dog is the canine incarnation of David Sedaris. When I picked him up from the boarding kennel Tuesday evening, his abdomen was VISIBLY BLOATED with packed-in poo. Every walk since then, there have been VOLUMES of poo. Were it not for the scores of poo baggies I carry with me on walks, our neighborhood would be awash with the tidal wave of Buster's poo.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FIRST!

I dig Sedaris the most. We had to listen to this one part of his latest book on the iPod at least three times on the drive down to Texas - wherein DS discovers that his brother has taught his great dane to eat his pug's shit. Jeez, I chuckle just thinking about it - and it's doubly relevant to your post!

Best Comment Ever.

- C

January 2, 2005 at 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home