Friday, August 27, 2004

The Stanimal arrives!

My dad arrived in Dallas today to help me celebrate my birthday. He seems to approve of our house and did not tell us that we live in a squalid dump, so that's encouraging.

In other birthday-themed news, BK bought me this fab retro Waring blender! Methinks I see margaritas in my near future. I also got the third book in the Tales of the Otori series by Lian Hearn, so that might bump Clan of the Cave Bear on the old reading list.

For a real cap on the birthday weekend, tomorrow we might drive down to Waxahachie to see my old high school stomping grounds. I hear Hatchie is quite the bustling metropolis these days -- a Home Depot and everything! If that's not a sign of being the real deal, I don't know what is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Twink said...

Dude, that is MY BLENDER! That exact Waring, in "Retro Green." On my counter, now. Making lassis.

August 29, 2004 at 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home