Sunday, August 22, 2004

Ciudad? See you, dad!

Ciudad had by far the best food we've had in Dallas so far. The Restaurant Week menu consisted of:
  • A smoked chicken soup with corn
  • Beef tenderloin served over roasted tortillas with a mole sauce
  • A moist chocolate cake with vanilla and caramel sauces, served with a scoop of homemade ice cream
Mmmm. We tried the ceviche (good) as well, and had some uber-yum cocktails. Even the mojito BK ordered was delish, and everyone knows what a disaster that can be in the hands of most bartenders.

I bought myself Elton John's Greatest Hits yesterday when I was at Best Buy buying the Garden State soundtrack. I can't decide if that makes me a huge nerd or not. Far be it from me to deny Elton's genius though, so I'm going to go with not.

I think I'm going to try to drag BK out furniture shopping today, cause our living room is still as bare as a baby's bottom. I'm obviously missing some sort of standard female gene, though, cause the thought of it just makes me want to go back to bed and pull the covers up over my head. There's just so much of it. And it's so permanent -- what if you pick the wrong thing? There's no returns! You're just stuck with it, for years. I'm still hoping we can order from the Room and Board catalog. I'm partial to this couch, in charcoal gray, though.

4 Comments:

Blogger Twink said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 22, 2004 at 7:03 PM  
Blogger Twink said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 23, 2004 at 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, I thought this was going to be a post about your dad coming to visit. But MOLE is almost better. Mmmmm, MOLE. Have you been back to Avila's to enjoy their MOLE?

- Cyn

August 23, 2004 at 10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did i tell you that i've been making mole's a lot recently, ever since our trip to oaxaca last year?

mmmm

darren

August 25, 2004 at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home