Saturday, August 21, 2004

Searching for sushi

The search for good Dallas sushi continues. Before going to see Garden State last night (swoon, but more on that later), BK and I went to eat at Oishii, which was written up in D Magazine as one of the better sushi places in town. Unfortunately, I was as underwhelmed as I have been by almost all Dallas sushi I've had, which I would largely categorize as kinda mealy and too rich. My sushi benchmarks are the California Roll and the Spicy Tuna Roll, and right now my top choice for those is, oddly enough, Little Katana, a tiny sushi bar outside on Macy's on the first floor of the Galleria. I'd go read my book there and eat while I was working for The Workplace That Shall Not Be Mentioned.

It's official. I've got a ginormous, teenage crush on Zach Braff. Garden State was good: great acting, funny in parts, poignant in others. I'm going to go buy the soundtrack today in a flailing attempt to be hip, but we all know how that's going to end. The Hollywood gossip machine speculates that Braff and co-star Natalie Portman are dating; great -- now I have to hate her Ivy League-self even though I don't really want to. Bitch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Twink said...

Zach Braff is MINE! Hmm, you did say that you could beat me in a bitch slapping contest, so... do you think we could arrange for a time share? Portman is WEE. We could take her, you and I.

August 21, 2004 at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home