Monday, August 23, 2004

Good times, they are a-comin'!

I have an interview Wednesday at the University of Texas at Dallas. Omigod wheeeee!!! The thought of being back with the nerds of academe makes me rub my dry hands together in glee, Burns-style. I didn't know what to do with myself at The Workplace that Shall Not Be Mentioned -- it was like being back in high school again with people with "social skills" who "knew how to dress." Bah! Give me your twitchers, your large vocabulary mavens!

So we'll see how that goes. I'm not even 100% certain what the actual position is. Uh, yeah.

BK and I watched Taking Lives last night. I'd give it about 2 out of 5 stars. Way too gory for my liking, and the plot twists weren't particularly twisty. Plus, the plump-limped Angelina Jolie had this perpetual smirk on her face throughout the entire movie. Ever since that whole vial of blood thing with Billy Bob, she's rubbed me the wrong way. BK, on the other hand ... I don't think there would be a way she could rub him that would be wrong.

I started reading The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud today. I'd never heard of it before, but I picked it up when I was at Target this weekend, based on the cover reviews. I'm an unabashed cover-review whore. If The New York Times liked it, then it's the book for me! Kidding. Sort of. Plus, look at the little goblin thingy on the cover clutching said amulet. He's all, "I'm cunning! I'm smirking!" Reminds me of Angelina Jolie, come to think of it ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home