Wednesday, August 25, 2004

One interview down

The UTD interview went fairly well this morning, I thought. The only miiiinor problem is that the program that interviewed me doesn't actually have a spot available. Yet. They're in the process of getting funding for a new position, they say. So I'm supposed to get a call next week to hear how that process is going -- guess I'll know more then. It would be nice if something worked out; I think what they have in mind sounds like a good fit for me.

I finished up The Amulet of Samarkand last night. I thought it was a little weak -- it didn't have that certain, as the French say, "I don't know what." The djinni, Bartimaeus, reminded me of the angels in the His Dark Materials trilogy, though -- very sassy. He was by far a more interesting character than Nathaniel, the 12-year-old protagonist, who was rather prissy and annoying (although that might have been the point). Supposedly the second book in the series features more Nathaniel and less Bartimaeus, so I'l look be on the lookout for a used copy. Definitely not one to buy new.

I 'spose next in line is The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jane Auel. It's one of those book that I've seen everywhere for years, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Can't beat $2.50 on eBay! (That's two fiddy, of course.)

And now, I'm off to the pool. Might as well soak up some of that "vacation" time while I still can, cause some employer is about to snap me right up, right? Mmm, look at that clear blue water ...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 25, 2004 at 2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the water does look inviting. imagine it now with your husband's bare bottom gracefully cutting through the water.

August 25, 2004 at 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewww, that would get the water all DIRTY!

August 25, 2004 at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home