Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Snowbunny in paradise

This morning I got to create a digital holiday card for the provost of the university that employs me. I got to practice all those InDesign skills that I've been highlighting in my Creative Suite for Dummies book. Once I get done highlighting Dummies, I'm going to move on to highlighting Peachpit Press' InDesign book. And then I will be ready to create a program newsletter so illustrative and informative that the gods themselves will weep.

Or something like that.

TOMORROW is a banner day because your friend and mine, Suze, will be rolling into town, on her way to go on a Vail skiing vacation with her new boyfriend's family. I believe she will be meeting them for the first time at the airport! I hope Suze realizes the gravity of this meeting and takes measures to tame her overactive right pit before the handshaking ensues. I also hope she has purchased a pink, fur-trimmed snowsuit and strides up to her departure gate with her snow boots on, skis thrown across her shoulder, and her goggles up on her head, holding back her curls. Because this is how I imagine the parental meeting, AND I DON'T LIKE BEING DISAPPOINTED.

Then again, I also imagine her boyfriend waiting for her at said departure gate with a sports jacket slung across his shoulder, wearing a black cashmere turtleneck and Ray Bans. So my mental picture may not be 100% accurate.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm first!

(This is Twink, trying to start a trend!)

December 15, 2004 at 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home