Monday, January 31, 2005

The ying and the yang

Why I hate the world: Being new to this whole acne thing, I thought I was doing the right thing by going to the dermatologist and getting a professional opinion.

Uh, no.

I am sitting here a full $91 in the hole from a variety of prescription medications foisted onto me, creams and washes that of course do NOT come in a generic form. I can't vouch for the effectiveness of these magic FIFTY DOLLAR OINTMENTS, but I have a sneaking suspicion that my post-miscarriage hormones will continue to rage on (We like to party. We like, we like to party.) and will LAUGH at my ineffectual dabbings and washings. I might as well just dunk my head in a bucket of Sea Breeze every morning.

Why I love the world: My friend S. done had herself a baby girl today! Congratulations to her, her husband, and the little butterbean. Yay!

3 Comments:

Blogger Twink said...

Oh no! $91 of special salves? My coworker paid a lot for some fancypants stuff for her rosacea, and when she went to pick it up, the pharmacists insisted that the stuff was for STD and kept calling it "vaginal cream." Dude. Turns out that there are two versions of "Metrogel": Metrogel regular, for rosacea, and Metrogel Vaginal, for, well, the hoohoo. Anyway, the bottom line is, the fancypants gel is doing a good job on her skin, so I think there is hope yet. I didn't ask about her hoohoo, but I think her hoohoo is doing just fine.

And also, babies kick ass. Sarachkah kicks ass. Her husband and the butterbean kick ass.

January 31, 2005 at 7:25 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Some of us have very little sympathy for others that manage to defer their very first bout of acne until after their 10-yr highschool reunion.

I'm certain you look stunning.

Congrats to Sarachkah and family!!

February 1, 2005 at 7:44 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 1, 2005 at 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home