Monday, January 03, 2005

A love letter

Dearest Public Library,

I am writing to you in hopes that you will forgive me for the shameful way in which I've treated you since we broke up. I forgot how you stood by me for all those years I moved from place to place, knowing no one and leaning only on you for support. I traded you in for younger models, the flashy amazon.com and others of his ilk. Sure, they were shiny, wealthy and new. But Public Library, I'll be honest with you -- dating Jeff Bezos' love child was an expensive endeavor. We are now just friends, and I've come to beg for your forgiveness. Please take me back. You have everything a girl could ever hope for -- wide selection, online renewals and requests, and best of all, you are free. I love you, Public Library. Let's be together forever.

Love,
Karo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home