Tuesday, December 07, 2004

At least there was no traffic

I squinted one eye open in the middle of the night to see a white shape hovering across the bedroom. It turned out to be BK, coming back to bed. "Whaddyadoin," I muttered as I flopped myself over to my other side. "I had to email and call some people," said BK. I laid there falling back asleep for a few seconds before I realized that it was the middle of the night and generally not the time when you call people. So I grunted out something that sounded like, "Wha ... Huh?" BK climbed into bed and said, "It's for work, I had to leave some voicemails, don't worry about it." I promptly fell back asleep.

Next thing I know BK is standing by my side of the bed, fully dressed and tapping me on the shoulder. "I have to go in to work for a little while," he says. "I'll be back soon." I sat up in bed, completely disoriented, and watched his blurry shape float towards the door. (Have I mentioned I have 20/800 vision?) I finally came to and screached, "Have you lost your mind?" after him, but to no avail. I laid back down and heard the door to the garage. I promptly fell back asleep.

So this morning after I finished drying my hair I walked over to the bed and poked BK. "What the fuck?" I asked him. BK grunted and burrowed under the covers. I poked him again. "Did you really go to work in the middle of the night," I asked him. "What time was it?" BK tells me it was 3:30. My husband drove to work at 3:30 a.m. because he knew he was going to be late going in this morning and wanted people to have information about some fax first thing.

The moral of the story is that when he got there at 4:00 a.m., it turns out that the fax had never arrrived. So BK: go-getter or big chump? You decide.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Getter!

~BK

December 7, 2004 at 1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a tough call!

Of course, had the fax been there and everything went according to plan, it mighta been worthy of a go getter ... but murphy working like he does, does effort count in this situation? might be too close to call (this is why i don't ref professional sports)...

~ missy

December 7, 2004 at 1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go-getter go-getter go-getter go BK!!!

December 7, 2004 at 1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Twink here.

All I gotta say is that I bust a gut laughing when I checked comments here and saw BK's very eager vote.

December 7, 2004 at 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home