Thursday, November 04, 2004

Some good things

Considering everyone I know is currently suffering from an election-induced low-grade depression, I thought it might be a good idea to list a few things that don't suck.
  • I got my new iMac yesterday at work, and can I just say that it is totally super-sweet? It's got an almost 150 GB hard drive, so I loaded all my mp3s and photos onto my iPod last night and brought them to work. I can't wait until our upcoming departmental move when I'll get an actual office (!!!) and will be able to rock out to Brit without the fear that I'm bothering the SWEDE in the cubey next to mine.
  • Senator Arlen Specter does not suck. Although I don't really know much else about him, so if he pulls wings off of butterflies in his spare time or something, let me know.
  • BK has received a groundswell of support for his future political maneuverings! I hate to disappoint those of you who have voiced excitement over a BK08 presidential run, but I think he's planning on starting on a somewhat smaller scale. (BK: "They'll be so disappointed when I'm only running for dogcatcher.") So you'll have to move to Dallas to give him your full support, and you should definitely move here, BECAUSE IT'S SO GREAT. Really.
  • I have new blog readers! Comments have been made by people of whose e-existence I have been heretofore completely ignorant! Welcome, strangers. Comment away! You make me all melty on the inside.
  • Certain people out there, you know who you are, are all in luuurrveee, and that makes me happy.
  • And hey, it could always be worse. You could be this guy.
Oh, and one more thing. Let your spirits soar to the heavens, because this exists in the world:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Way to pump the positivity, Karo. Furthermore ...

We live in a time when one can carry the entire Led Zeppelin catalog around as easily as a deck of cards and listen to all of "Houses of the Holy" in exactly the time it takes to walk home from work.

When I think of how a typical teenage boy of 1974 would take the news that such a thing would be possible in his lifetime, I am filled with hope for our own future.

November 5, 2004 at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home