Monday, November 22, 2004

Pilgrim's progress

You really haven't lived until you're driving home from doing some surprisingly fruitful Christmas shopping and there, on the side of the road, you see a grown woman dressed like a Pilgrim. She is holding a large turkey puppet and is smiling and waving to all the motorists (so was the puppet, at least as much as a turkey can smile -- it's more of a prophetic death grimace, really). Considering that she was standing in front of a hospital, I have no idea what she was selling, but it certainly put a smile on my face.

Just in case you're rolling your eyes at me because I am almost done with my Christmas shopping, let me explain. BK and I are off to Mississippi for Thanksgiving this week, and I need to take all in-law presents with me in the car. Since ye olde paychecke is now somewhat slim, being on the ball is preferable to going broke shipping 50 lbs. of crapola across the country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home